If you are technically-minded and have experience in handling procurement data, we would love to hear from you.
Aviva's Procurement Technology & Data team is looking for an Analyst to join them in either the York or Norwich office. The team provides an operational support function to Aviva's wider Procurement department, helping with requirements ranging from end-user experience to risk & control management.
Your role will be varied, supporting both regular business and change activity within the department and contributing to delivering the procurement strategy across all markets. Working with both IT and offshore procurement teams, your job will include resolving technical queries and service requests as well as supporting the design and implementation of solutions and innovation in the team.
You will be a key player in delivering work to our global colleagues with high standards of performance & innovation to ensure that the Procurement department is seen as a centre of excellence.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide support to deliver key operational processes in line with the global procurement systems strategy.
- Support on system configuration and test activities to deliver a fully functional system.
- Deliver clearly documented and maintained business processes to support colleagues who use procurement systems and technology.
- Carry out root cause analysis on queries relating to the Ariba supplier database.
- Work with IT to resolve queries.
- Provide technical support and formal training to global procurement teams.
- Support the delivery of any system and process change, understand impacts and plan accordingly.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in working with complex data and confident in using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in using eProcurement systems, i.e. Ariba or an alternative.
- A technical mindset with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Comfortable working within a fast paced, team-focused environment.
- Experience in providing customer service including issue resolution and query management.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills.
What will you get for this role?
- Annual salary of £28,000 - £32,000 depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva, we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Megan Douglas a call on 0121 234 7665 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.