The Bulk Purchase Annuity (BPA) team in Norwich is now hiring for multiple Pension Administrators. We hope to meet hardworking individuals with excellent organisational and communication skills – and strong with manual application of data while passionate about delivering an outstanding customer service.
We are building opportunities to join an evolving team at an exciting time, de-risking Defined Benefit (DB) solutions is still a fast-growing business area for Aviva UK Life. This rapidly growing DB solutions area provides ongoing services to the trustees and sponsoring employers of DB schemes. The ambition is to grow this key business area significantly over the next 2 years.
The role is ideal for those looking for a challenge and relish working in a mathematical area. Administration of final salary Pension Schemes is recognised across the industry as challenging and exciting work - you will need to be enthused by dealing with manual and sophisticated processes with ever-changing requirements. We will fully support and train up those who thrive in this environment - focusing on resourcefulness and tackling individual responsibility.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Owning and leading on schemes from inception through to ongoing administration on behalf of our trustees and policy holders
- Using data to remove complexity from our process, automating where possible, and driving this forward
- Owning customer demands from start to finish – giving them confidence in Aviva
- Taking personal accountability for the generation of all manual calculations and literature for bespoke individual quotes
- Deciphering and interpreting multiple scheme benefit specifications, pension’s legislation and system constraints to service demand
- Crafting an environment that promotes dedication, passion and energy
Skills & experiences required:
- Excellent mathematical skills are essential – minimum of GCSE Grade B in Maths and English or equivalent
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Effective written communication skills regarding customer interaction - experience working with customers as individuals
- Working knowledge of Defined Benefit schemes would be phenomenal to see, but is not crucial
What will you get for this role?
- A salary up to £18,500 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and regular pay reviews – this role is tied to our robust pay progression scheme
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh, and by the way…
At Aviva, we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you desire to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can!
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. For an alternative method of applying, please give Dan Hopchet a call on: 0121 234 7625 or ping them an email at: Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com ( mailto:Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com ).
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.