Are you interested in leveraging your analytical prowess to help tackle strategic challenges and opportunities? An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Motor Analytics team which is helping to shape the future of insurance pricing through cutting-edge predictive analytics.
The team is recognised as a Centre of Excellence - providing analytical insights that improve decision making and performance within Aviva. We are looking for a data scientist capable of utilising the latest statistical modelling and machine learning techniques to improve insurance pricing or a high calibre graduate with the aptitude and personality to learn.
The insurance industry is evolving in an age of rapid technological development, and as an organisation Aviva are investing in strengthening R&D analytics as a distinctive capability.
You will join a team who is responsible for maintaining the competitiveness of our predictive models in insurance Pricing. Building on our existing industry-leading GLM framework and unparalleled customer database, the team objective is to add-value through the integration of both new data sources (including Big Data) and the application of the latest machine learning techniques. As well as contributing to the R&D agenda, the role will involve working closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, ensuring the alignment of priorities and maximising the usage of our insights.
Skills & experience we wish to see:
- Degree/MSc/PhD in numerate subject e.g. Maths, Applied Sciences, Engineering
- Outstanding numerical ability and creative thinker/problem solver
- Some programming experience and exposure to major data science tools e.g. R, Python
- Excellent social skills as you will be expected to work across and between existing teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including being able to translate analyses to non-technical audiences
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £24,000-£32,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family! (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh, and by the way…
At Aviva, we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. For an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on: 0121 234 7660 or ping them an email at: email@example.com