Model Validation - Analyst, Risk - London
We are looking for a Model Validation Analyst to support the Head of Model Validation in building out and embedding the model validation governance framework. You will help set, develop and adopt and model review processes and the relevant control standards across the business. You will undertake independent model/methodology reviews, construct validation models/tools and prepare, document and present independent model opinions and review findings, for key business models including portfolio risk model/systems validation.
- Ensure a strong model governance framework is well-defined and embedded across Aviva Investors, including a comprehensive central repository of all current models under scope
- Build and nurture strong stakeholder relationships within the firm across model owners, model users, executives and risk
- Ensure implementation of a comprehensive model review process that is clearly defined, consistently applied and supported by a set of standards and principles that enable its effective application
- Clear, concise and consistent regular model review reporting that focuses on review, testing, challenge, identifying key risks and findings and making clear recommendations to address these
- Help to ensure portfolio risk models used are credible & accurate, adding value to the second line of defence investment risk process
- Contribute to building model validation systems & tools to facilitate reviews and testing of production models.
- Demonstrate effective escalation where there have been breaches of model review and governance policy standards and where major issues arise from model validation reviews
- Document and present to executive, risk, valuation and investment risk committees so that model related issues and consequences are communicated clearly, and actions can be taken at the appropriate level
- Generate positive feedback from stakeholders including executives, model owners, key clients on the quality of the model review framework, review processes and interactions.
- Strong academic track record, minimum degree educated with relevant quantitative and modelling skills
- Outstanding attention to details and keen interest on financial markets and asset modelling
- Strong quantitative/mathematical, IT/system and written/verbal communication skills
- Programming expertise – VBA, Python, other data/statistical packages and databases
- Strong communication skills and ability to present to Senior Stakeholders effectively
- Ability to build close working relationships across the business and develop a strong reputation as a subject matter expert
- Able to work collaboratively in a global team
Other Preferred Requirements/Experience
- Experience of building and/or validating a broad range of methodologies/models under a governance framework, ideally within an asset management business
- Familiarity with model risk management frameworks and practices
- Experience/knowledge in risk and pricing models/methodologies
- Risk systems knowledge/expertise – Bloomberg, Aladdin, Risk Manager
Level of Experience
- Mid-Junior Level with some experience within financial services
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
Today’s investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We’re challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations – as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us. About us
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today’s investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed. Our Culture
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.