The Business Analyst is responsible for the successful upload and accounting reconciliation of bordereaux data provided by our distribution partners. This includes the monthly data collection, quality analysis, formatting, uploading, error resolution and accounting reconciliation with distribution partner payments.
The Business Analyst captures the business needs from stakeholders, solicits product and enhancement requirements from end users and must be able to convert the requests from both into a workable solution to present to department management, Aviva IT and National Commercial Lines.
- Assist unit managers in summarizing transactions received and processed.
- Manage documentation received from partners.
- Enable the use of the bordereau automation tool, through data manipulation, updated VBA macros and MS Excel improvements.
- Provide reporting on operational KPI’s, articulate findings, and suggest improvements to the overall process.
- Manage billing communication, and other stakeholders within Aviva. Lead data quality communication with external stakeholders particularly MGA and brokers
- Assist using data for quality assurance and audit functions including reviewing capacity and new business
- Preparing weekly,monthly and quarterly analysis reports to support tracking of processing.
- Work with unit manager and other stakeholders to review possible new technology implementations, including blue prism, case manager, docvault, workflow, data cleansing tools and RTG.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or equivalent.
Three or more years of experience in a professional setting or a commensurate education.
Experience in Insurance industry an asset
Data analyst experience considered an asset
Expert Microsoft Excel Skills
Expert VBA macro Skills
Advanced Python/Java Script coding skills
Strong communication skills
Collect, aggregate and analyse data
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.