Aviva is now hiring for an Investment Controls Analyst in York. This position will sit in our Investment Operations team within our Aviva Finance Operations shared service. Here we are responsible for ensuring our customers’ life and pension premiums are invested, valued accurately and the validation/reporting the value of investment assets.
Every member of the controls team has an instrumental role to play in maintaining a consistently strong control environment, while providing confidence to business partners and customers that the Unit Pricing processes can be relied upon to deliver accurate financial documents.
We’re really proud of this role’s opportunity to allow those with a strong academic or commercial accounting background to transition into the investment analysis world, an area we are supporting and growing significantly in Aviva, where our team members can see the real impact of their work on our customers and the influence of the operational focus of the team.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Performance of key control account reconciliations
- Reconciliation of other key data items (stock holdings; unit movements) to provide assurance as to the quality of financial data
- Analysis of investment transactions data and clearing system generated exceptions
- Reconciliation of bank positions and related transactions
- Other ad hoc processes resulting from our Unit Pricing operational processes
Skills & experiences required:
- A higher qualification in Mathematics or related subject - progress towards an accounting qualification is desirable (AAT or similar)
- Proficient in numeracy and problem solving together with strong analytical skills
- Experience of working efficiently, under time pressure without compromising on accuracy
- A background of working flexibly to accommodate daily timeframes and project requirements
- Excellent communication and organisational skills while within analytical teams
What will you get for this role?
- A salary up to £25,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh, and by the way…
At Aviva, we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can!
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. For an alternative method of applying, please give Dan Hopchet a call on: 0121 234 7625 or ping them an email at: Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.