- Responsible for providing excellent broker service while reconciling Broker submissions, analyzing Premium and Suspense Activity.
- Resolve discrepancies between billed and paid receivables by effectively communicating with internal underwriting business units and escalating issues to Management.
- Collection of broker billed premiums for the assigned group of National Brokers.
- Investigating, gathering and presenting solutions to relatively complex customer inquiries, and provide prompt and effective Broker Service per department Service Levels.
- Provides internal customers with expert advice on Broker premium payment process, efficient processing and recording of premium related cash transactions, and monthly balancing of the cash received to paid receivables and suspense entries.
- Monitors and reports to Front Line Manager, collection results for the assigned group of Brokers, troubleshoots unreconciled accounts and escalates issues and recommends process improvements.
- Records Broker statement and remittance history log, impact of late payment submission on the cash flow, and write off probability.
- Prepares and maintains material premium unpaid balance log, with detailed description of collection activity.
- College Diploma or University Degree majoring in Accounting/Finance/Business.
- 1-2 years of Insurance Accounts Receivable experience.
- Accounting background.
- Advanced Microsoft office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access skills.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills, demonstrates attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent verbal, telephone communication and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision, and prioritize tasks based on importance level.
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.