Global MI Analyst, Expenses – Finance – London
Aviva Investors has refreshed its business strategy and is embarking on a period of significant transformation with ambitious performance targets. The Expense MI team is responsible for the accurate reporting, analysis and challenge of the AI cost base. The team supports the Finance Business partners and cost centre managers to ensure that, through the provision of accurate and insightful information, expense targets are agreed, understood and managed.
The incumbent will be responsible for the production of MI to support a number of business areas, working closely with the business partners, the wider MI team, the FP&A team and offshore teams to ensure a detailed understanding of the cost base and the targets set, as well as a high-level understanding of revenues generated in the front office functions.
As part of this small team you will be responsible for the following:
- Timely completion of accurate monthly global expense reporting and ad-hoc expense analysis as required.
- Ensure the financials for any transformational initiatives are embedded into all plans and forecasts.
- Ensure tight control is maintained across all relevant areas. To include supporting the audit process and taking a lead role in the timely closure of any audit or control
- Work closely with the offshore team to ensure appropriate level of service is maintained
- Support business unit planning and forecasting processes.
- Experience in Financial Analysis role, ideally within an investment management business.
- Good understanding of all financial disciplines and reporting
- Experience of effectively sourcing, analysing, modelling and drawing insights from financial data
- Experience of preparing MI and reports that effectively present financial data and provide suitable analytical commentary
- Experience of working with overseas operations and analysing relevant cross border information flows.
- Understanding of financial systems and processes
- Managing expectations and prioritisation of tasks
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- Strong analysis skills of complex data
- University degree
- Part -Qualified or qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
Today’s investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We’re challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations – as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us. About us
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today’s investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed. Our Culture
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.