Fixed Income Credit Trader (HY Credit) – Trading – London
This role is an integral part of a focused, value added Global dealing/trading team. Operating primarily as a High Yield specialist trader, providing expertise in all aspects of the area of responsibility; HY Credit markets in cash and CDS alongside building syndication and counterparty relationships. The role adds value to Aviva Investors’ clients by dealing in an effective and controlled manner, ensuring that all regulatory requirements are always met.
• Maintaining an ongoing dialogue with portfolio managers on investment strategy and collaborating with portfolio managers, analysts, etc. on the investment decision making process.
• Providing portfolio managers with meaningful information about market sentiment, trading conditions, trading volume and price volatility.
• Effectively manage client and third-party relationships.
• To assist in introducing and developing increasingly sophisticated trading techniques and tools, where appropriate, to ensure trading best practice is followed.
• Understand various client mandates and guidelines to be able to recommend appropriate trade ideas.
• Undertaking all necessary sales / purchases of the allocated asset class (or subset) – for example derivatives, equities and fixed income products - as authorised and in the correct manner.
• Collaborating with team members and colleagues to develop a strong team ethos.
• Work with third party vendors to develop E Trading Platforms and tools. Ensure optimal use of Aladdin
• Executing orders on behalf of fund managers, in a timely, accurate and cost-efficient manner; achieving best execution for clients in respect of regulatory and compliance matters.
• Complying with procedures and compliance manuals that govern the dealing process.
• Managing allocations across funds in accordance with compliance procedures.
• Minimising both transaction and opportunity costs.
• FCA approved person
• Insight and understanding of Global markets (within a specified area)
• In-depth knowledge of all aspects of specific markets with and solid trading experience
• Ability to execute trades in a timely, accurate controlled and cost-efficient manner
• Understanding and knowledge of current regulatory environment and the implication for trading.
• Understanding of portfolio investment processes
• Knowledge and experience of systems to enhance trading; Bloomberg, Tradeweb, Market Axess, Liquidnet etc. Aladdin knowledge preferable.
• Proficiency in numeric, literacy and communication skills.
• Knowledge of best Compliance/ Regulatory practices.
• Advanced MS Excel
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
Today’s investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We’re challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations – as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us. About us
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today’s investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed. Our Culture
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.