A key individual to support all aspects of Financial Crime work including but not limited to Anti-money Laundering, Sanctions, Internal and External Fraud, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, and Facilitation of Tax Evasion.
For AML and Sanctions, the individual is expected to perform daily screening of customers and perform various types of transaction monitoring work. The individual is also expected to perform migration to new screening systems or enhancement to systems, where applicable.
For Financial Crime, the individual is expected to work as a team and with other business units to implement requirements in the business standards.
The individual will be expected to backup other team members on risk and other regulatory matters when required to do so.
Liaise closely with the risk team to ensure that the status of Financial Crime are accurately reflected in the Risk Register.
Prepare accurate regular reporting on Financial Crime for Group, Risk Committee and Board meetings.
Corporate and Representative Compliance Governance
Provide general regulatory advice and support to Management/Business Units on regulations that may have an impact on the Company
Review of marketing materials'
Maintain the AML/CFT Framework and ensure alignment with regulatory requirements as prescribed by MAS
Ensure Company’s Customer Due Diligences measures with regards to customer identification / verification have been complied with
Observe the conduct of the customer’s account and ensure that the transactions are consistent with PIAS’s knowledge of the client’s business and risk profile, and where appropriate, the source of fund/wealth
Timely clearance of risk alerts
Regulatory Updates/ Review/ Compliance
To review and disseminate all new/ changes in regulations to Senior Management Team for their information/ action
To assist Manager in providing advisory on impact of regulatory changes to business and/or market
Collate and consolidate necessary responses from the Business Units for Consultation papers, and forward to Chief Executive Officer for approval prior to submission to the Authority
Conduct Compliance Review, excluding Market Conduct review on an adhoc basis, based on assessments of areas that are of a high regulatory risk, taking into consideration but not limited to MAS inspection findings, audit findings etc
Assist in planning and implementing revised processes and procedures in response to regulatory changes
MAS Reporting/ Handling of MAS’ Queries
Ensure timely reporting to the Authorities, including but not limited to, MAS Questionnaire on Financial Advisory Service or any other reports as and when required by MAS and/or Management
Qualifications & Experience
· Degree is preferred
· At least 2-3 years of working experience in risk, compliance or governance related positions
· Knowledge of MAS regulations & FAA.
· Familiar with AML screening and transaction monitoring, and advisory and sales process will be an added advantage
· Good writing skiils
· Good Microsoft Office skills
· Basic knowledge of risk management principles is essential
Values & Behaviours
· Has to be reliable, efficient, team oriented, willing to learn
· Flexible with working hours, puts in extra effort as and when required
· Good attendance and arrives to work on time
· High standards of professional presentation
· Performs all business dealings in the way PIAS upholds its business relationships
· Follows instructions and fulfils requests within target time frames
· Accepts responsibility
· Consideration and respect for other staff members and their work requirements
· Suggests improvements in procedures to management
· Uses initiative to add value
· Identifies problems and provides practical solutions
· Possess good organisation and time management skills
· Able to lead a team and must be a team worker
· Good writing and verbal skills
· Intermediate to high level of computer skills
· Cultural fit with broader organisation
· Results oriented
· Leadership characteristics
· Self starter