The enthusiastic and friendly IT Care team is looking for someone with a passion for IT and providing customer service to join them as a Deskside Engineer.
We appreciate people who have a real determination for making our teams better and want to make a difference in IT Care. If you have an excellent attitude working as part of a team and a keen desire for self-development and improving yourself, we would love to hear from you!
We have two vacancies with one based in Sheffield and one in Glasgow, but there will be an occasional need to work at other Aviva sites.
Role and Responsibilities
In this role you will be working as part of the Northern Deskside team, where you will provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to colleagues based in Sheffield or Glasgow and sometimes offsite. You will also work closely across various IT teams to ensure effective delivery of IT support.
· Resolve technical issues and problems where possible or reassign appropriately.
· Take ownership of Issues and Requests to completion including tickets raised to third parties.
· Provide IT help and support to Aviva staff, which covers desktop hardware and software used within Aviva. In addition to this you’ll perform general IT duties and tasks
Skills and Experience
· Excellent collaboration and customer service skills.
· The ability to multi task whilst working in a busy customer-focussed environment.
· Proven experience in providing 1st & 2nd line end user support at all levels within an organisation.
· A good technical understanding of:
· Windows 7 & 10
· Microsoft Office 365
· Microsoft Intune
· Microsoft SCCM
· Microsoft Active Directory
· Basic understanding of network protocols
· Mobile devices (iPhones, iPads)
· Mobility / VPN technologies
· Remote desktop support tools
· Hardware support for Desktops, laptops & printers
· Audio Visual support (desirable)
What will you get for this role?
· Annual salary of £24,000 - £30,000 depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
· Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
· Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
· Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
· Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family.
· Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
We care about the well-being of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
· You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button.
· We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for free!
· We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Megan Douglas in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7665 or firstname.lastname@example.org.