Are you a Cyber Threat Analyst seeking a challenging and new opportunity?
We are currently recruiting for a Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst to join our phenomenal team based at our London office focusing on applying technical insights to better understand cyber threats against Aviva.
If you are seeking a position where you are truly valued and your recommendations are recognised, this could be an ideal role for you! As you will have the opportunity to actively shape the direction of the team, conduct independent security research, and build your professional network and skills.
At Aviva we rely on our Cyber Threat Intelligence Analysts to protect our customers and the company. We need your specialist advice and experience to prevent and reduce the impact of cyber security incidents. Along with incremental improvement in time to react to new threats, attacks, and potential breaches, reducing their impact and cost to the business.
As the Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst, you will be supporting all aspects of the Aviva Threat Intelligence service operation and development, covering Aviva companies worldwide. You will be working in a team collecting and analysing threat information to produce actionable cyber security intelligence. You will need to have experience with Cybersecurity Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs), working within a cyber threat intelligence role and have knowledge and understanding regarding technical and intelligence threats. The technical requirement for this role include: a strong knowledge and understanding of the core networking protocol including OSI stack, TCP/IP, HTTP(S), DHCP, DNS, SMTP, good knowledge of Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems, knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g. buffer overflow, cross site scripting, malicious code, Procedural Language/Structured Query Language based attacks).
You will need to be able to demonstrate your ability to apply your technical insights to better understand and assess cyber. However, whereas having a good technical background is an essential, we can be flexible with your intelligence experience as this is something we could expand on.
Responsibilities in the role:
- Provide analysis and dissemination (written and verbal) of threat from a wide range of intelligence sources including open sources, hacker forums, peer exchange forums worldwide to give Aviva a forward-looking view of the threat
- Maintain detailed threat actor profiles on adversaries of interest/relevance to the firm covering tactics, techniques and procedures, intent, goals and strategic objectives
- Review intelligence from multiple internal sources such as SIEM alerts and security file analysis to determine threats to Aviva
- Maintain knowledge of the threat landscape by monitoring intelligence sources
- Handle incoming research requests and intelligence requirements from other teams acting as the lead point of contact for the threat intelligence engagement
- Assist with technology aspects of investigations lead by corporate security, fraud, and financial crime teams
- Support regular operational and management reporting produced by the team
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience of working in a commercially focussed cyber threat environment ideally including experience of working in a SOC environment
- Ability to collect, analyse, and interpret qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources including extracting indicators and exercising critical thinking in assessing the threat
- Strong technical understanding of networking, internet protocols and information security
- Advanced knowledge of global threats to international cyber security and conversant in the tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber adversaries
- Good experience of using the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Ability to deliver to a schedule, prioritise conflicting tasks, and service occasional time-critical requests as required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work solo on complex problems and an exceptional flair for working in a team in fast moving situations
- Experience maintaining relationships with IT and business stakeholders
- Training in intelligence analysis and assessment techniques including hypothesis development such as Analysis of Competing Hypothesis
- Recognised technical security certifications and academic degree (Information Security MSc, CREST, SANS, Offensive Security certifications)
- Experience of strategic cyber threat intelligence is advantageous
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy call on: 0207 255 0884 or ping an email at: email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.