We have started the search for a Credit Risk Analyst to be based in either our York or Norwich office.
This position sits within the UKL CIO function, working with the Credit Risk team. The role offers an opportunity to build a career in credit risk management and insurance investments as you will support the management of one of the largest portfolios of insurance assets under management in the UK.
This is a highly visible role, supporting a broad range of activities across the team.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Credit concentration monitoring by aggregating exposures across all asset classes and funds to ensure that concentrations or risk are identified and supporting any breach resolution
- Asset class, sector and region credit investigations
- Credit exposure limit framework development
- Credit and collateral management governance monitoring
- Monitoring of credit risk exposure changes and risk changes
- Monitoring financial markets for emerging credit risk issues
- Credit review of new risk exposure opportunities
- Working collaboratively with fund managers, Group and Risk to formulate and underpin analyses and recommendations
Skills & experience we would like to see:
- High levels of proficiency in mathematical concepts and accounting principles and techniques
- An awareness of commercial and financial matters - understanding of credit and of the business sectors (Solvency II and investment strategy for insurers being beneficial)
- Strong technical and practical knowledge of financial markets and risk
- Strong IT skills, including advanced Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills including written
- Manage workload and relationships in a flexible, dynamic and proactive manner
- Relevant business degree (or equivalent), with financial qualifications advantageous or working towards relevant professional qualification e.g. Actuarial or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva, we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time, or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that! We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on: 0121 234 7660 or ping them an email at: email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010* By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.