An excellent career opportunity exists for a Commercial Lines Underwriter with Property and Casualty expertise within our Toronto South Commercial Insurance underwriting team. The role is located at mainly in our downtown Toronto location, with flexibility to work from our Markham location, from home or remotely outside of the GTA area. We are dedicated and aligned to our broker partners, and we are seeking talent with shown underwriting knowledge, with a vested interest in building long-lasting partnerships with our brokers. The customer experience is what drives our industry, and profitable growth sustains our business.
You will service a portfolio of commercial insurance business requiring a proven underwriting ability and a dedication to customer service excellence. You will be involved in the underwriting of small to mid-sized commercial property and casualty accounts.
Champion excellent relationships through daily management of an assigned broker portfolio.
Are you passionate about the successful evaluation, selection, negotiation of business ?
· You will work with brokers to negotiate pricing for new business opportunities and retention policies in order to insure a profitable book of business within an established underwriting authority
Do you love to build and maintain awareness?
· You will educate on market trends, pricing levels, and policy offerings in the region you service.
How do you respond to inquiries?
· We keep engaged with our partners to drive the end customer experience and a meaningful partnership within the portfolio
Do you take calculated risks?
· You will have the opportunity to utilize loss control and risk management practices is part of our standard methodology within the underwriting process, and you'll be passionate about standard methodology.
· Work reciprocally with other members of the office
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
· 5 plus years’ experience in commercial underwriting with strong experience in Property and Casualty commercial insurance.
· Validated sales acumen, marketing, communication, and negotiation skills
· Highly motivated and enthusiastic
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team while meeting meaningful deadlines
· Strong organization and administration skills
· CIP designation or a willingness to complete the designation in a short time frame
· Comfort in Microsoft Office and an ability to learn new programs such as RTM, RTG, and Case Manager
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.