Business Analyst, Client Reporting – Transformation – London
This role supports Aviva Investors strategic goals by supporting development activity across revision of the Client Reporting process as part of the Transformation team.
The Global Transformation Function is a trusted partner to the Aviva Investors business, responsible for delivering transformative programmes aligned to the strategic objectives & values of Aviva Investors. By utilising defined project delivery methodologies, discipline & transparent communication, our analytical & pragmatic delivery focus ensures our internal & external client deliverables to improve the client journey and are aligned to becoming the Global Leader of Outcome Oriented Solutions. This may be direct, in the form of new Outcome Oriented products, or indirect in the form of protecting our business in relation to regulatory or target operating model driven change.
· Responsible for the development, maintenance and management of artefacts that support development and improvement of the client reporting process within Aviva Investors e.g. a Client Reporting Data Dictionary.
· Project management of own deliveries, requiring minimum oversight from Programme Manager.
· Liaise with, and represent AI to, external vendors and third parties.
· Responsible for supporting multiple concurrent delivery schedules with varying levels of complexity and priority.
· Capture and document Business requirements in the form of BRD, Process Flows and Target Operating Models.
· Surface, analyze and document the requirements of business users to deliver the agreed business outcomes.
· Analyze and identify solutions to satisfy business requirements - including software evaluation/selection and evaluation of changes to systems, organization, business process and individual roles and responsibilities.
· Responsible for ongoing assessment of requirements to ensure the delivered solution meets the stated requirements
· To contribute to effective business analysis across the organization and transfer skills to others where possible
· Support AI Transformation Project delivery framework by providing input and adopting Global Delivery gating / lifecycle approach.
· Where appropriate, to devise testing strategies and plans to ensure full end to end and user acceptance testing in accordance with existing standards
· Demonstrable business analyst skills and experience, extending to Project Management disciplines.
· Significant Project experience in Fund Management, Investor Services and/or Asset Management Industry.
· Experience working with Investment Management client reporting Operations.
· Understanding of SLAs, BAU process and Controls.
· Good understanding of the investment management business, fund structures and processes.
· An understanding of Fixed Income, Equity and Multi Asset funds.
· Experience and knowledge of interactions with custodians, fund accountants, transfer agents and third parties.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience in Testing, from creating Test Cases to executing them and report/document/communicate & follow up defects until resolution.
· Effective stakeholder management including senior managers, and ability to work well with others at all levels
· Fully competent in the use of MS Office applications and other project tools and methodologies.
· Strong understanding of financial control principles as they apply to projects.
· Data Base query capabilities are a plus.
· University degree
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
Today’s investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We’re challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations – as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us. About us
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today’s investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed. Our Culture
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.