We have 2 new and exciting opportunities to join our Global Corporate & Specialty department, within the Surety Underwriting Team. This is a Surety specialist team in Norwich dealing with niche commercial products and full training and development will be provided with the complete resources of our ambitious department.
You will work as part of a team to assist in the delivery of an underwriting service and strategy, whilst operating within agreed guidelines. You will balance the need to support the wider team with a desire to build your own underwriting capability in a specialist and critical class of business for Aviva.
We are looking for two proactive and determined individuals that can continue our team’s reputation of rapid progression to future Senior Surety Underwriters. Ideally you will have previous financial analysis, underwriting or legal based experience/qualifications, but we are happy to train up those with the ambition and aptitude that matches our team’s.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Support our Underwriting Team by completing pre Renewal/Quotation reviews and post sales administration
- Provide excellent service levels within our agreed SLA
- Provide ad-hoc support as required to ensure front line Underwriters are focused on winning business
- Provide regular reporting & market intelligence
- Provide trading support by prospecting and pre-vetting new opportunities
Skills & experiences required:
- Excellent customer service provided through good knowledge of a firm’s product range and supporting systems
- Commercial or degree-based experience of a legal background or financial analysis (preferred)
- Computer literacy and a good knowledge of standard computer software
- Confident communicating to senior people within our end customer organisations via email, telephone and face-to-face
- Experience with Insurance Underwriting would be great to see
What will you get for this role?
- A salary of £18,000 up to £25,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days (
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh, and by the way…
At Aviva, we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can!
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. For an alternative method of applying, please give Dan Hopchet a call on: 0121 234 7625 or ping them an email at: Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.