Assistant Fund Manager - Real Estate Long Income - London
You will primarily act as an Assistant Real Estate Fund Manager for our European Real Estate Long Income Fund and assist on other UK long income fund matters. Support the Fund Manager based in Frankfurt, the Head of Long Income Funds, other Long Income Fund and Assistant Fund Managers in London, as well as the Paris based Transaction and Origination Team and the Long Income Origination Managers, to help source, create and acquire suitable investment product for the Funds.
Spanning real estate, private debt and infrastructure, our real assets platform offers investors access to assets that offer diversification, increased security and the potential for higher returns via an illiquidity premium. Our real assets capability encompasses global real estate and alternative income investments made around the world. These are physical assets that we buy or provide financing for on behalf of our clients. Transactions to buy or sell are done directly with the counterparty and the price negotiated privately.
Assist on European and UK long income fund matters under guidance and instruction for the European Fund Manager based in Frankfurt and senior colleagues based in London to achieve agreed performance objectives and broader client outcomes.
Ensure that funds operate within agreed operating parameters.
- Take a supporting role in marketing activity with both existing and potential clients.
- Asset origination, asset management and fund management to ensure the most commercially beneficial outcomes for clients.
- Support financial modelling and analysis of all acquisitions.
- Oversee the undertaking of rent review, lease renewal, developments and letting / re-letting activities with the Paris based Asset Management Team.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities that will deliver synergies and efficiencies across real assets.
- Supervise, mentor and management of junior colleagues
- Analyse market conditions and understand the investment environment in European real estate markets to start to develop informed investment opinions.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across Aviva Investors entities in London, Paris, Luxembourg and Frankfurt to implement innovative strategies to manage risk, optimize profits and enhance performance.
- Support the Fund Manager and Investment Specialists and Global Client Service teams to cultivate positive relationships with prospective clients, as well as with existing clients (to encourage increased investments and reduce redemptions).
- Build external /internal relationships to keep up to date with industry trends and investment insight.
- Identify and implement value enhancement opportunities, including developments.
- Maximise rental income, security of income and optimise lease terms achieved across the portfolio including lease restructures.
- Provide constructive input into creating and updating Fund Strategy Plans.
- Support the Fund and Origination Managers in sourcing and originating transactions and their performance. This means:
o Managing origination relationships to maximise relevant deal flow
o Ensuring investments fit fund/clients’ requirements and that origination is optimised to deliver client expectations
o Sponsoring investment proposals at Investment Committee and securing any appropriate approvals thereafter
o Managing aspects of the bidding and acquisition process for the assets, including credit risk analysis and legal due diligence
- Identify and implementing sales in accordance with stated fund strategy and business plans.
- Support the Fund Manager in taking ownership of funds under management to deliver or exceed expected performance for clients by:
o Making investment decisions, securing approval from relevant committees and making asset allocation decisions that drive optimised investment performance
o Managing client relationships together with the relevant client relationship teams.
o Oversight of asset management across the existing fund, ensuring appropriate analysis is undertaken to drive performance and value.
o Liaising with the Luxembourg based AIFM of the Fund.
- Relevant degree required, or equivalent experience
- IMC or equivalent; or recognized historical knowledge, experience and/or qualification.
- CFA, equivalent qualification or acknowledged equivalent skills and knowledge.
- Relevant experience in a Fund management, real estate transactions or other appropriate role, in the Real Asset or Real Estate specialism.
- Strong Knowledge of the European property investment market.
- Experience in an asset management role within an institution, general practice or property company environment.
- Track record of successful transactions in Europe and / or identifying and delivering relevant value enhancement opportunities.
- Strong knowledge and understanding property investment, ideally long lease property.
- Familiarity with dealing with external agents and consultants.
- Knowledge of real estate financing and hedging of foreign currency exposure.
Accuracy and attention to detail throughout, especially in producing written reports.
Excellent appraisal and analytical skills and structured approach.
Results driven and able to work on multiple tasks with challenging deadlines.
Good presentation and communication skills
Willingness to travel abroad and work in interdisciplinary, multi-national teams
- Regulatory threshold competent and approved.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and ideally in French or one other European language.
- Experience with a Luxembourg fund.
- Development funding experience through structure finance or long lease property investment.
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
Today’s investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We’re challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations – as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us. About us
Inclusion and diversity
More than 1,500 people work across the globe, bringing it all together for today’s investor. True integrated advantage starts with our culture.
When everyone feels part of a unified team, in an environment of fairness, inclusion and positivity, we all achieve more. Integrated advantage is created when everyone feels stronger together - with no barriers to their ability to contribute, collaborate and succeed. Our Culture
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.