Are you seeking a challenging opportunity in Application Development?
We are currently recruiting for an Application Developer or a recent Computing graduate with a focus on the C# language and the .Net framework to join our phenomenal Global Cyber Access Security (GCAS) Team in our Norwich office.
The team is part of the wider Cyber Operations function in the Global CISO Team. They have a global remit; the team provide security services to all Aviva’s markets. The services offered are continually evolving and growing. Consequently, this opportunity is ideal for you if you are seeking a challenging/rewarding position.
At Aviva, we proudly put our customers at the heart of all we do. Our customers trust us with a huge amount of their personal information for us to provide our services to them. They expect us to keep their personal information safe and this awesome team is passionate about their purpose and protecting our customers!
You will have a hugely exciting chance to create a real difference! You will be involved with automating and developing GCAS services and tooling, by providing your valuable support to the development and maintenance of .NET web-based applications. These applications integrate with back end services that you will be involved in developing along with accessing external functionality via various APIs.
Responsibilities in the role:
- Participate actively with the team, helping to shape and deliver process improvements to expected quality within agreed timescales
- Respond quickly and skilfully to resolve technical issues
- Communicate effectively, providing concise and clear explanations of technical issues, problems and solutions to a non-technical audience
- Support upgrades, engaging with stakeholders as required
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- You will need to have experience with .Net and C# or are a recent Computing graduate. Training and mentorship will be given to cover any technology gaps listed as desirable skills below.
- Phenomenal teammate, with an honest and approachable manner
- Diligent and well organised with a desire to develop a career in technical aspects of information security
- Eager to learn and make a difference
- Comfortable to give, receive and respond positively to feedback
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £23,400 – £45,050 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy call on: 0207 255 0884 or ping an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.