Analyst - Infrastructure Equity - Real Assets - London
Working in the UK infrastructure equity team you will be supporting more senior colleagues on new investment transactions; management of existing assets and contributing to the ongoing management of portfolios. We are looking to recruit at the Analyst level.
Aviva Investor’s Real Assets business invest directly across a range of Infrastructure, Real Estate, Corporate Credit and Structured Finance assets. Our infrastructure equity business invests currently in UK equity primarily in renewable and low carbon energy and digital assets. Managing investor capital of around £1.3bn, Aviva Investors has ambitious plans to continue to increase its exposure to the asset class both in the UK and in Europe.
Support and participate in the review and execution of investment opportunities across all strategies
Assisting with the preparation of investment proposals, including providing research on specific sectors, markets, projects or companies;
- Transaction management including engaging with due diligence advisors
- Preparing transaction models (or reviewing models prepared by others) and undertaking financial analysis of proposed investments based on model output;
- Managing valuation process for assets;
- Researching investment opportunities matching fund/mandate strategies;
- Assisting in investment execution and closing processes, including ensuring investment execution (execution of documentation, safekeeping, client on-boarding) are followed in a timely manner in compliance with Aviva risk and governance policies and procedures;
- Assisting in post-acquisition investment management activities to ensure compliance with fund/mandate documents;
- Involvement with Asset Management activities;
- Management and monitoring of portfolio assets and related information and systems; and
- Supporting additional fund-raising including preparation of presentation materials.
- The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level;
- You will have relevant prior experience allowing you to have a good understanding of financial models and legal project, corporate and financial documentation;
- Specific knowledge of the technical and commercial aspects of the UK energy market;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including the ability to build an infrastructure transaction financial model;
- Good understanding of financial statements;
- Ability to research / summarise information on a wide variety of topics, writing clear, concise and insightful research;
- Good organisational skills, ability to manage priorities and deliver multiple projects in a fast pace environment;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships and work well as a team; and
- Proficiency in European languages is a benefit.
We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent and innovative solutions are based entirely around our clients’ needs, not ours.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to stand out in our field as our intelligent solutions are based around our clients’ objectives, not ours. About us
Inclusion and diversity
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. We’ve built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What’s important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Our culture and values
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.