As part of the Actuarial Reserving team, you will work closely with the team to analyze and understand the company’s performance from a reserving point of view. You will contribute to quarterly internal and external reporting. You will assist the business partners in understanding the reserves impact on their respective portfolio and quarterly forecast. It is an opportunity to apply your strong data management and actuarial projection techniques while developing your knowledge of property and casualty accounting and regulation. You will analyze and prepare reports in some of the following areas: establishment of adequate claims reserves, UK Margin, Solvency II Reserves Risk.
- Prepares and reconciles quarterly data used in quarterly reserve reviews
- Analyzes the adequacy of the company's claim reserve levels by application of standard actuarial techniques.
- Maintains programs that apply appropriate actuarial techniques to relevant data.
- Maintains monitoring reports for analyzing claims experience.
- Prepares the supporting documents required for the quarterly Reserve Committee and annual Appointed Actuary reports.
- Produces monthly reports on IBNR and Solvency II technical provisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2 CAS exams
- Strong mathematical and statistical background;
- Proficient in Excel, with experience in SAS and VBA a plus;
- Strong team player;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Prior actuarial experience an asset
** we will consider candidates with 4+ years of actuarial experience and 6 CAS exams for Senior Actuarial Analyst role **
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.