Device Analysis Engineer
Device Analysis EngineerJob Description
ARM designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices.
ARM’s comprehensive processor product offering includes RISC CPUs, graphics processors (GPUs) and video processors (VPUs), enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed connectivity products, peripherals and development tools.
A world leader in processor design, ARM’s success is based on licensing agreements with many of the biggest names in consumer electronics and semiconductor manufacturing.
ARM system engineers need to constantly push the power, performance and area boundaries while generating designs that are robust, maintainable and deliverable to the high quality that our customers expect.
We are looking for experienced engineers to join the post-silicon device benchmarking team in ARM that is responsible for CPU and System level performance/power analysis on commercial devices, test chips, and development boards.
The successful candidate will collaborate with both product management and engineering teams to identify and benchmark key ARM based mobile and enterprise platforms using industry standard benchmarks and use cases.
The performance/power analysis from this benchmarking activity will provide the bedrock for roadmap decisions, outbound marketing messaging, and validating pre-silicon performance/power projections.
Good university degree, ideally in electronic engineering or computer science, although other science graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
· Experience with use of development hardware platforms and measurement tooling
· Use of UNIX and scripting languages (e.g. Perl/Python)
· Familiarity with one or more programming language (e.g. C, C++, assembler)
· Capability to debug and resolve complex hardware/software issues
· Good understanding of main factors affecting performance and power in a mobile system, SoC, and CPU level
· Flair for analyzing, visualising and communicating data to identify trends and anomalies
· Knowledge of industry standard benchmarks and their application
· Ability to work under time-scale pressure and meet aggressive targets whilst retaining quality output.
· Motivation to work both unsupervised and as part of a project team.
· Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively.
· Ability to schedule own workload and plan tasks.
· Good inter-personal skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges. Desirable Skills & Experience
· Experience with performance measurements of workloads on boards/devices/FPGAs
· Experience with device level power measurement and analysis
· Hands-on with board level bring up on Linux/Android
· Familiarity with use of profiling/tracing tools for measurement and analysis (e.g. perf)
· Good understanding and working knowledge of Android and Linux internals and system software stack
· Experience with Industry standard benchmarks and/or use cases
· Experience with standard GNU/Linux tool chain, software-development, debug, and revision-control systems
· Knowledge of memory technologies
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
· Annual Bonus Plan
· Discretionary Cash Award
· Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
· Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
· Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
· Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
· Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
· Others, cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.