Amazon’s Device Design Group has launched revolutionary products like Echo, Fire TV, Alexa Communications, and more. Are you interested in joining the team to lead Amazon’s next innovation?
Our design studio is looking for an exceptional Visual UX Designer to join our growing Alexa experience design team. You will concept and craft unique and compelling visual design for Alexa experiences, collaborate with interaction designers, researchers, engineers and product managers through the design and development lifecycle. As a tastemaker and storyteller, you will advocate for design excellence – contribute to product vision, and define visually compelling UI designs for Alexa multimodal Smart Home and domain experiences. This role is based in Seattle, WA.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a keen eye for elegant, modern design, and UI patterns. You think holistically, and craft the "why" of all that we ship – advocating for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and customer goals. You have a strong understanding visual systems and best practices, including layout, typography and interface design. You are at ease both visualizing an experience in the abstract and then driving that vision into concise design deliverables and hands-on building with engineering teams. You can present your ideas confidently in the creative reviews, drive innovative design solutions, and elevate the visual experience of millions of Alexa customers around the world.
Learn more about working as a designer at Amazon, visit https://amazon.design/ and our Dribbble team at https://dribbble.com/AmazonDesign.
· An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates experience creating innovative user-centered design solutions
· Experience creating inspiring Northstar design concepts that inform the future vision for a digital product
· Experience providing art direction to motion designers and illustrators
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Experience with Agile processes and partnering with technical product management and developers for design implementation
· Experience designing for multiple platforms such as mobile, multimodal, TV, web, VUI and virtual reality
· Experience with prototyping tools such as InVision and Principle
· Ability to navigate ambiguity to drive the design cycle and multitask in an fast-paced environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent design-related field
· 2+ years of experience as a visual UI designer, interaction designer or similar role
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through design concepts, case studies, documentation, mockups and style guides
· Experience in a design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, Adobe CC and Keynote.