AWS Training and Certification (T&C) is seeking a talented, passionate, and customer-focused Graphic Production Artist with design acumen to create innovative, on-brand assets and designs to market training and certification products and programs to customers, partners, and employees.
As a Graphic Designer for T&C, you will work with key stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, and Product Marketing to create graphics and design marketing assets. You will engage with key stakeholders to build upon the AWS T&C style and branding guidelines as well as deliver on creative requests.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, enthusiastic, keeps cool under pressure, and will iterate as often as necessary to get it right. S/he has previous experience working within an agency and/or internal marketing team fulfilling a variety of design and creative needs. This position requires strong design abilities, digital expertise, and the ability to graphical design concepts to visual communication. Strong attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects, and communicate with key stakeholders is essential. The right candidate is one part production artist and designer and one part problem solver eager to roll up his/her sleeves and deliver consistently on brand.
This position will be virtual - United States.
· Evangelize and build support for T&C brand guidelines to other designers and global partner teams
· Create customer-centric designs by integrating marketing objectives, target audience and creative assets
· Drive design process improvements to improve organization efficiency
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop graphic solutions that simplify complex ideas for diverse audiences
· Help designers and marketers develop conceptual skills, including critiquing design projects and providing constructive feedback
· Fulfill multiple project requests while simultaneously meeting tight deadlines
· Works with management or stakeholders to drive design schedule
· Demonstrated compositional and typographical skills
· Strong time-management skills, ability to follow processes and be self-directed when needed
· Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
· Must be comfortable in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage priorities well
· Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
· Demonstrate expert understanding of the latest design tools, best practices, and suggests process improvements in the scope of their team, organization and beyond
· Experience elevating design systems
· Knowledge of information architecture, usability, UX and UI design
· High level of skill and speed in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
· Develop artwork and basic programming to create digital presentations, web graphics, and on-screen presentations
· Excellent understanding of color, layout, aesthetics, and balance in print, web and interactive design
· Previous experience managing relationships with branding and marketing communications vendors to ensure delivery of services and objectives.
· 3+ years’ experience in a web and graphic design production environment
· Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
· A portfolio of work demonstrating experience in creating engaging visual assets, designs and and brand development
· Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent professional experience requirements