Ring is seeking a UX Writer to join its Marketing Department. We’re looking for an enthusiastic craftsperson to create content for Ring’s digital properties that is clear, helpful, and human. You'll translate complicated concepts into jargon-free, concise copy and strive to ensure that users have the right information at the right moment. As a UX Writer, you love simplifying complexity and always find yourself asking—“Could this be clearer? Could this be more conversational?"
This role will collaborate with designers, researchers, engineers, and product managers, working on projects throughout the planning, design and development lifecycle. You’ll advocate for language and writing excellence through hands-on writing and meeting with partners.
You are a strategic thinker who dives in alongside UX/UI Design, can sort complex schemas into digestible stories, and want to work in a fast-paced, growing environment. You will use data to define narratives for Ring’s products/services and outline where, when, why and how we articulate core messaging. You will develop mechanisms (docs, decks, user flows) to create repeatable processes.
· Write content for Ring owned properties such as websites, blogs, apps, product-focused collaterals and other digital media.
· Work closely with brand strategists, UX designers, product managers, visual designers, copywriters, and other marketers to deliver delightful, insightful, and useful content for customers.
· Elevate the interface/product communication and drive alignment on voice and tone.
· Anticipate customer needs and explore innovative solutions to customer issues.
· Audit existing content and make recommendations for improvement in copy, layout/build, and media creation.
· Develop and evolve content standards, best practices, and processes.
· Champion Ring’s voice and style.
· Collaborate with Brand Strategy and Analytics to intimately understand Ring’s customers, products, and brand positioning.
· Work cross-functionally to execute on plans with various internal teams including Product, GTM, Acquisition Marketing, Life Cycle Marketing, Production, Creative, Operations, and Ecommerce.
· 5+ years’ experience as a UX writer or similar role in an agency or in-house setting.
· Experience writing UI copy for a consumer technology brand.
· Working knowledge of the design process, including experience with design specs
· Ability to manage multiple projects at once
· Experience working directly with designers, product managers, researchers, and other subject matter experts
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and focus on quality
· Positive energy and leadership capabilities, as well as a willingness to work outside of a typical content role to deliver holistic solutions to customer problems
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proven ability to present to all levels within an organization, both verbally and in writing.
· Extreme attention to detail with relentlessly high standards.
· Comfortable working across multiple simultaneous assignments and operating autonomously in an ambiguous, start-up environment
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years’ experience as a UX writer or similar role in an agency or in-house setting.
· A web-based portfolio of relevant work samples with a UX focus; including problems you helped solve for, your contributions, and impact to the customer.
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Advertising, Communications, or related field, or equivalent experience.