Each day our customers push the boundaries for what is possible with AWS. We built Lumberyard in support of customers wanting to create high-fidelity, engaging gaming content on the backbone of AWS's massive cloud compute capacity. Customers love Lumberyard's powerful renderer, its Script Canvas visual scripting engine, cross-platform architecture, EMotion FX animation editor, AWS & Twitch integration and so much more. But that's not all. We're increasingly seeing customers use Lumberyard tech for interesting non-gaming applications. Our teams are growing in support of innovations for both, games and non-gaming customers. The Lumberyard team is looking for a product leader to own, define and drive vision in several related areas, including cloud services, game engines, simulations, rendering and more.
Amazon Lumberyard is a free AAA game engine deeply integrated with AWS and Twitch – with full source. We are an Amazon Web Services (AWS) team obsessed with helping developers create the highest quality games & simulations, engage massive communities of fans, and connect their content to the vast compute and storage of the cloud. Our customers include indie game developers, large studios of repute building triple-A titles, and partners and other Amazon teams building non-traditional experiences. We are looking for a technical product manager who is passionate about innovating in the games, simulations or cloud services space. This role is an opportunity to join one of Amazon’s newest growth areas by leading projects of strategic importance with very high visibility.
About this role
We are looking for a passionate User Experience Intern to join for 12 months to work on the Lumberyard Engine team in London where they will be focused on improving the Lumberyard customer experience.
· Conduct user research to collect both quantitative and qualitative data to understand where the customer pain points are, and summarize the findings and present the report to the team.
· Solve challenging problems that are often not well defined, and relentlessly design, test and iterate the creative UX solutions for Lumberyard.
· Collaborate with users, UX Designers, Software Engineers, and Product Managers to execute the design solutions and drive the technology to enable a world-class experience.
· Be a champion for the user: insist on the highest standards, creating functional and well-defined design solutions that puts the user experience first.
· Familiarity with user research methodologies, such as contextual inquiry and usability study, and turning customer feedback into actionable findings.
· Experience with 3D modelling tools (3ds Max, Maya) or 3D game engines (Lumberyard, Unreal Engine, Unity,..)
· Basic understanding of the different aspects and disciplines of game development.
Ideal candidate profile
· Currently studying an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in User Experience Design, User Experience Research, or Computer Interaction.
· An online portfolio to showcase past projects or school work.
· Possess good communication, presentation, interpersonal skills.
· Possess good design thinking and analytical skill.
· Familiar with prototyping tools, such as Sketch and Adobe suite, etc.
· Can present design projects to the team and articulate the design decisions clearly.
· Creative and willing to share creative ideas with the team