The Heavy Bulky & Services (HBS) organization is a growing team focused on heavy items and categories like Major Appliances, Furniture, Exercise Equipment, Home Entertainment, Home Improvement and more. As we scale our efforts, the team plans to innovate the service experience, by bringing a better way for technicians to execute their daily tasks and jobs.
We're looking for a UX Designer to work on tools used daily by these service providers and technicians in the field. The ideal candidate will own various features from concept to completion following the user centered design process. This includes vision setting, conducting research, exploring and designing solutions, prototyping, working with cross-functional teams, running user studies, and collaborating with other designers, product managers and engineers.
· Deliver designs across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
· Work with engineers and product managers to create solutions that meet a high customer experience bar and fit with the technology requirements.
· Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups with detailed visual design specifications for mobile, and web interfaces throughout the design process.
· Assess new and existing features by actively running user tests and conducting user research (eg. interviews, field studies)
· Present design work to UX, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership.
· Deliver detailed design documentation and refined design standards to developers and partners.
· Demonstrated history of user-centered design methods (e.g., personas, conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry).
· Excellent (written and spoken) communication, presentation, interpersonal and storytelling skills.
· Strong visual and UI skills (including creation of style guides).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 3+ years equivalent professional experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role.
· You have an exceptional portfolio delivered projects across mobile- and business-facing applications.
· You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats.