At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven UX designers. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online across the globe, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Amazon Global team.
As a UX Designer in Amazon Global, you will have significant impact on Amazon’s international retail shopping experience. You will partner with Amazon.com teams to bring end-to-end experiences to customers worldwide, while collaborating with peer designers to deliver best-in-class experiences for a variety of global initiatives. You will collaborate with product managers, engineers, executives, and other designers, leading the design vision and project deliverables from rough sketches to working prototypes. The ideal candidate loves to visualize an experience in the abstract, dive into customer research and data, break down complex use cases, and then drive the vision into deliverables that masterfully combine detail and storytelling. You will have a genuine passion for supporting other UX designers to grow their professional abilities and deliver great work.
· Create world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings.
· Quickly and thoroughly create diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mockups, redlines, and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
· Practice user-centered design by participating in user research and incorporating data, customer feedback, and technical constraints/opportunities.
· Collaborate with Amazon.com UX designers to evolve existing patterns for new locales.
· Design the information architecture, interface, and interaction flow of the web and mobile e-commerce experience.
· Direct the visual design of the web and mobile applications.
· Develop, conduct, and synthesize research through qualitative (usability) and quantitative (surveys) methods.
· Present design work to the UX team, product team, Amazon.com executives, and external partners for review and feedback.
· Previous experience designing e-commerce apps and sites.
· Experience conducting and analyzing qualitative/quantitative research
· Experience with complex, globally scoped projects.
· A master's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related UX degree
· Experience in a highly agile/scrum environment.
· Ability to work in a startup environment.
· Demonstrated history of acquiring and taking action on user data (e.g. conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry, analytics, data science requests)
· Tenacity, diplomacy, and a sense of humor.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· A portfolio and samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered, customer-focused design solutions (bonus points for live site links or apps).
· 4+ years of experience as a product designer, user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
· Bachelor’s degree in design, human-centered design (HCD) or human-computer interaction (HCI), or 4+ years equivalent professional experience.
· Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills.
· Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team to ship products for mobile and desktop.
· Experience with a variety of design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Axure, Flinto, and Invision.