Are you passionate about understanding why and how teams share knowledge with the aim of creating experiences that increase accuracy, inclusion and efficiency? Are you looking to innovate around how people collaborate to create knowledge in a variety of media types? Amazon is looking for a highly motivated UX Designer to help shape our knowledge tools, used to manage millions of pieces of content and serving hundreds of thousands of users in various experiences such as desktop and mobile.
This is your chance to impact the tools that shapes Amazon culture by solving problems such as:
- Analyzing user behavior and build experiences that remove friction from content creation and editing.
- Simplify content management requirements, reducing the amount of work customers have to do.
- Understand global collaboration and build work-flows that enable a streamlined, inclusive co-authoring experience.
- Understand cross-product relationships and define integration points that reach customer goals.
We are looking for a candidate that is obsessed with delivering the most customer-centric experience on the planet, showing proven success in ownership, bias for action, and thinking big. If you want to work on some of the world’s biggest design challenges in knowledge share and collaboration, join our team.
· A master's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related UX degree
· Experienced in delivering UX solutions for projects of large scope and complexity
· Experience with UX design for web applications
· Expert in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience techniques and patterns
· Solid ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
· Experienced in performing user research or gathering quantitative customer data
· Solid written, verbal, and presentation skills
· Experience in ownership of projects and communicating timelines
· Success delivering products/services in a high-growth environment, exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems.
Ideal candidate profile
· 6+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role.
· 4+ years of experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
· 4+ years of experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, developers, and stakeholders for implementation of designs.
· An online portfolio demonstrating work samples in digital marketing, visual branding, and UX deliverables (wireframes, journey maps, personas) is required to apply for this role
· Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience within the design field.