We are building a model and data platform enabling Amazon employees to share, discover, and consume applications/scientific models, and data to produce business insights. We are developing innovative products including the next-generation of application platform, data catalog, data discovery engine, mapping platform and visualization engine, and more with state-of-the-art user experience.
As the team's design lead, you will contribute to the product roadmap, drive future concepts, and deliver improvements to current applications. You'll work closely with product managers, engineers, and senior leadership across Amazon Global Delivery Services - Modeling and Optimization and beyond. You will define and own the UX vision for multiple applications across the organization.
* Creating user-centered designs by understanding and leveraging business requirements, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
* Designing conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, information architecture diagrams, interaction specifications, and final graphics
* Using a set of established design and visual patterns to strengthen consistency across our organization's products, innovating and expanding team standards to create world-class experiences
* Performing metrics analysis post-launch to inform design/UX optimization efforts
* Working closely with our engineering teams to ensure features are implemented as designed
* Presenting design work to teams and managers for review and feedback
* Being resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities
If you are passionate about delivering the best possible experience for your customers, our team is the right match for you.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· 4+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, Information Architect, or similar UX-related role
· 4+ years of experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wireframes for complex web applications
· Ability to prototype in modern front-end code
· Experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers on implementation of designs
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles, techniques, and patterns
· Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
· Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed