Amazon is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the UK FP&A team within Retail Finance, based at the Amazon UK headquarters in Shoreditch, London.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, is analytical, and is detail oriented. You will possess the ability to work well in cross-functional teams including both consumer and finance colleagues.
Key responsibilities include:
· Analysing key trend/variances and production of monthly/quarterly/ad hoc reporting to the UK Country Manager, Finance Director, and Product Family Leadership,
· Establishing strong relationships across the global FP&A community, utilising the network to share best practice and drive efficiency in process,
· Leading and providing analytical support on a range of ad-hoc / cross-functional projects and strategic initiatives,
· Partnering with Consumer Finance, Accounting, FP&A teams to provide analytics and decision support to country FD,
· Ownership of finance month end close responsibilities,
· Co-ordination and analysis of all consumer finance operational planning cycles in UK,
· Maintaining finance controllership by business partnering with accounting at month end and converting key financial information into a business review process with all stakeholders.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
· Prior knowledge of SQL/ETL would be beneficial, a willingness to learn
Ideal candidate profile
· Minimum of Bachelor's degree,
· Relevant finance qualification (CIMA.ACA.ACCA) or MBA,
· The ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines,
· The ability to build positive business relationships and work collaboratively,
· An eye for detail and a passion for data,
· Bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities,
· Must demonstrate proficiency with Excel,
· Comfortable in a fast paced and ambiguous business environment.