Amazon operates a world-class network of large, technologically advanced fulfillment centers across North America. The North American Operations (NA Ops) Real Estate Team is responsible for acquisition, construction and management of all facilities in the Amazon Fulfillment Network.
The successful Transaction Associate will be a key part of the NA Ops Real Estate Team. This individual must be comfortable operating on tactical levels and will be help coordinate the transactions that are part of the expansion of the Amazon fulfillment network throughout North America. The right candidate will demonstrate a track record of successes in performing the full range of transaction coordination functions and working with internal and outsourced teams in an extremely fast paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
· Support real estate transaction team in managing transaction deal flow, including ensuring that all relevant data and associated documents are tracked and kept updated.
· Support real estate transaction processing and administration needs for fast growing operations business.
· Assist in implementation of a relevant system of metrics to plan, manage, measure and evaluate performance pertaining to the transaction process.
· Effectively communicate expectations, requirements and status of deals to key business partners – both internal and external
· Help coordinate an ever-changing variety of internal initiatives and projects.
· Continue to build a culture of speed, flexibility and frugality with all business partners.
· Closely collaborate with Amazon operations, legal, finance, treasury, tax and risk management to help deliver highly successful projects.
· Coordinate with external partners such as landlords, developers, design professionals and other consultants.
· Ability to effectively communicate Amazon requirements to various audiences (e.g. internal and external stakeholders, etc.)
· A track record of coordinating high quality projects in an atmosphere where speed, flexibility, frugality and heavy workload are the expected norm
· Previous experience as a paralegal or contracts manager
Note: Residential brokerage experience is not relevant to this role and will not be considered in evaluating candidates’ suitability as described above.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Architecture, Planning or related field or equivalent experience
· 2+ years’ experience in transaction coordination in an industrial real estate operation with a national footprint leveraging a combination of internal and external resources
· Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, internet applications