At Amazon, our goal is to create great games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future's most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you'll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: EverQuest, Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Portal, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Planetside, and H1Z1.
As a Game Systems Engineer on our project you will be working with an industry leading design and art team to produce a game that amazes our players. You will work alongside a talented team of engineers whose expertise spans from rendering all the way to machine learning and cloud compute.
· Own entire game systems end-to-end from data tooling to client-server implementation, persistence and syndication to external data sources. Examples include crafting, inventory, housing, and achievements.
· Be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying major new game features. Ensure features are integrated cleanly with existing features and platform infrastructure.
· Solve difficult problems that are sometimes not well defined by writing elegant and practical code.
· Own broad game feature areas end-to-end.
· Assist in developing project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
· Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
· Be a champion for the player and game designer: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
· Help turn big ideas into cool new features.