Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Training and Certification Team is looking for developers, technical trainers, technical instructional designers, or solutions architects who want be a part of building exciting and new courses on AWS as a Technical Curriculum Architect.
Customers are rapidly adopting Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions for their businesses. To do that effectively, they need training, and not just a couple of PowerPoint slides and a long lecture. AWS is developing highly technical courses with extensive hands-on labs (ILT), e-learning courses that can be accessed 24x7, and self-paced labs that get customers deep into AWS technologies. You'll get to teach and play at the same time!
The qualified candidate will have experience designing and developing hands-on labs for the AWS platform, excellent writing skills, a deep technical knowledge of IT domains and the ability to provide analysis of learning materials from a technical perspective. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have training, instructional design or technical documentation experience. Above all, you will have a passion for learning and contributing to team and customer success.
**This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Denver, Boston, Dallas, Herndon (VA), Chicago or Atlanta.)**
· Dive deep into AWS technologies, such as Big Data, Web Applications, Security, Networking, High Performance Computing, Storage, Databases, Enterprise Applications, Migration Strategies or other solutions areas to understand the services and develop effective training for our customers.
· Hire and Develop the Best – Provide recurring training to Technical Curriculum Developers on AWS topics to increase their depth and breadth of knowledge.
· Mentor Technical Curriculum Developers by providing individualized training plans focused on the needed knowledge areas for each team member.
· Design and develop a cohesive set of real-world, scenario-based labs to reinforce the learning objectives for AWS courseware by offering hands-on learning for students.
· Coordinate with the Curriculum Engineering team to ensure that hands on labs are built for scalability and long-term support.
· Utilize automated lab and courseware publishing process to manage and deploy content.
· Act in concert with the Lab QA Engineer to provide support for the deployed hands-on labs.
· Determine services and features to be included in each course based on intended audience profile, learning objectives, AWS best practices and strategic initiatives.
· Participate in Audience Analysis and Course Design sessions to identify training needs and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts across AWS (including Curriculum Developers, Technical Trainers, Support Engineers, Professional Services, and Solutions Architects) to build technically accurate training that meets the learning objectives.
· Contribute to Podium Review sessions by providing analysis of technical content, service positioning, content structure, timing and presentation flow.
· Respond to changes in products/features by advising curriculum developers of required updates.
· Provide technical review of all materials being produced by the Curriculum Development team including Instructor Guide, Student Guide, Lab Guide, and written presentation materials.
· Build relationships with AWS service teams to understand product roadmaps and plan for content updates or new training offerings.
· Collaborate with AWS service teams to identify changes in offerings that would affect training materials and act as the primary interface between Curriculum Development and the service teams.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills to all levels of the Training org are vital in this role
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of experience in software development, systems architecture, security or systems administration.
· Prior experience designing, deploying, and operating Internet scale applications.
· Domain expertise in one or more of the following: big data, DevOps, security, systems administration, software development, cloud technology
· Some travel required, primarily for event support and training (~10-25%). · Technical degree (e.g. Computer Science) or relevant work experience required.