Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Senior Systems Development Engineer to build services that manage one of the world's largest and most complex networks. This position is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and working in the heart of AWS' global network. The engineers within our organization are instrumental in allowing us to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale the network.
Tens of millions of customers rely on Amazon's network for using our retail websites, accessing content on their Kindles and building applications and businesses on top of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud. Our goal is to become The Infrastructure Platform for the world – achieving this goal requires high-leverage, massively scalable software services. Our success depends on our world-class network infrastructure, and our network depends on our ability to manage the data sources required to audit network state.
The AWS Networking Network Telemetry Engineering team is responsible for the acquisition, processing and vending of vast amounts of Telemetry data from Amazon's global network. We are looking for a Senior Systems Development Engineer to work amoung skilled developers, domain specific network engineers and DevOps engineers who focus on building platforms to continuously measure the correctness of the Amazon global network.
Our ideal candidate is autonomous, detail-oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has experience working at scale. Our Software Development Engineers work hand-in-hand with service teams to invent new ways of operating Amazon's Next-Generation Network while never losing sight of the high security bar our customers demand.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. Our Software Development Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedures and constantly innovate proactively.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers on the planet. You can also further your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
• Be part of a team that shapes the automation future in Network Operations
• Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes
• Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products
• Understand and contribute to standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies
• Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues. Effective escalation of same to service engineering teams for full resolution
• Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
• Participate in interviews
Ideal candidate profile
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Experience building, designing, and implementing high scale systems with automation and code. Scale supports critical infrastructure and services.