Amazon Tax Technology (TaxTech) is looking for a Systems Development Engineer to help build and support third party and SaaS solutions, drive operational excellence, ensure security and compliance, and automate manual processes. You will support critical tax business functions for customers around the world while meeting operational excellence goals and ensuring robust system performance. You will discover innovative ways to automate and scale our solutions and services as we expand globally, and get full solution delivery experience from gathering requirements from your customers to deploying your solution to production. You will work together with multiple teams and departments, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
The ideal candidate has a passion for understanding computing systems and for applying that understanding with an obsession for delighting customers. In this role, you will apply your skills with systems engineering, programming, and automation, as well as technical communication and project organization to make your impact on improving our business processes. This role is perfect for you if you're interested in creating tools and automation so that engineers and customers can be as hands-off as possible.
As an Engineer on the team, you will take part in in the architecture, design, implementation, and support of third party software and SaaS solutions, including related infrastructure. You will partner with our customers to understand business problems that drive the demand for new solutions, automation, and infrastructure, then design and build solutions to meet the demand. You will solve technical challenges by troubleshooting, diagnosing, and fixing software and infrastructure issues on both legacy and AWS or cloud related solutions. Additional responsibilities include performing software maintenance and configuration, managing permissions, developing tools that automate daily operational activities, and partnering across Tax, Legal, InfoSec, and other functions to maintain compliance with various operational and security requirements. Your designs, code, and decisions should set a great example to other engineers. You will collaborate with others, educate, and mentor to increase the effectiveness of the overall team. The SysOps team is a 24/7 global support operation. After-hours calls, night/weekend work, and participation in on-call paging may be required.
· Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational & NoSQL databases
· Experience with CI/CD pipeline build processes
· Experience building services using AWS products
· Experience building monitoring, alerting, dashboards, and metrics reporting
· Experience supporting a Microsoft Enterprise ecosystem (Windows, SharePoint, SQL Server, etc.) in large scale global environments
· Experience mentoring and developing junior engineers
· Experience with Agile SCRUM or Kanban
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or 5+ years relevant work experience.
· 3+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, Dev Ops Engineer or equivalent in large, distributed environment
· 3+ years of experience building scripts, tooling, and automation using PowerShell, Python, Java, SQL, or Shell to streamline operational processes
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Hands-on experience integrating tools and systems with APIs
· 2+ years of experience leveraging Dev Ops automation and configuration management tools such as Cloud Formation, DSC, Terraform, Chef/Puppet, Ansible, or Jenkins