The Infrastructure Engineering Edge Compute team is looking for System Development Engineers with experience in automation, scripting, programming, and infrastructure background who can use these skills to manage thousands of edge compute devices and servers. We are building the next generation of managed edge compute based on Linux OS distributions and AWS services. We provide a predictable operating environment and consulting to software teams so they can focus on their applications rather than on the device on which it runs. You should have a customer-centric focus and be comfortable taking initiative.
We value performance, simplicity and scalability in our designs. In our day-to-day work we automate traditional system engineering tasks. As a team we actively brainstorm, analyze and discuss solutions to hard problems. As a Systems Development Engineer on this team, you will collaborate with other experienced and Senior Software and System Engineers to drive improvements to our technology, operate and maintain services and software solutions, and build and track metrics to ensure high quality results. Your solutions will provide the ultimate customer experience for the devices, tools, and services the team builds. You will have the opportunity to work with business partners, leadership and other engineers, influence and drive products and lead the design of systems. At Amazon, we are known for our customer obsession. We need your ideas and your ability to take initiative, innovate, and produce results as we continuously improve the customer experience.
As a Systems Development Engineer working on the Edge Compute team you will:
· Participate in original creation and implementation of new functionality that helps us operate our services.
· Ensure that all systems are designed to be robust, scalable, maintainable and adaptable as the service scales and evolves over time.
· Work in an environment where operational excellence is the first priority, and where automation of every manual process is imperative
· Build automation to report on the health of your products and devices and integrate with other Amazon systems such as trouble ticketing and metrics platforms
· Provide critical operations support and incident response for the team tools and services.
· Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
· Eager to learn, enjoy a fast-paced environment
· Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
· Vendor management experience
· Ability to drive innovation
· Experience using Amazon Web Services
· Python application development experience
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years coding in Java, Ruby, Python or other DevOps oriented languages
· Knowledge of OS distribution and release management fundamentals
· Knowledge of Linux System Administration
· Professional software engineering best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations