Want to work on a product that can do the following?:
· Back up hundreds of terabytes of customer tables in seconds
· Replicate tables across continents
· Encrypt petabyes of data with no performance degradation
Amazon DynamoDB is a fully managed NoSQL serverless database that does all this and more.
DynamoDB provides fast and predictable performance (millisecond latencies for reads and writes) with seamless scalability. DynamoDB receives tens of millions of read and write requests per second to databases that are hundreds of terabytes in size.
We are already one of the biggest distributed database systems in the world. That being said, we believe it is still Day 1 for DynamoDB, and our aspirations are to grow this product by ten times in the next two years. We are looking for deeply technical, team-first-mentality individuals who are willing to commit themselves to this goal.
We need a systems development engineer to help us scale quickly to new AWS Regions and to automate the build of our massive infrastructure using various internal infrastructure-as-code technologies. As a systems development engineer working on DynamoDB, you will work with a team of SDEs and system SDEs to:
· Automate infrastructure setup for operating DynamoDB across various AWS Regions.
· Automate test, release, and deployment processes.
· Build and track metrics to ensure high quality.
· Drive operational excellence.
· A Master of Science degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or a related field
· Demonstrated success working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions
· Experience driving a complex project from start to finish
· Communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
· Meet or exceed the Amazon Leadership Principles required for this role
· Meet or exceed the Amazon functional and technical depth and complexity for this role
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· The ability to drive major project efforts across teams and within the team
· Experience with mission-critical, 24x7 systems