Want to work on a product that can:
· Backup hundreds of TBs of customer tables in seconds
· Replicate tables across continents
· Encrypt PBs of data with no performance degradation
DynamoDB is a fully managed NoSQL serverless database that does all this and more!
DynamoDB provides fast and predictable performance (millisecond latencies for reads and writes) with seamless scalability. DynamoDB receives tens of millions of read and write requests per second to databases that are hundreds of TBs in size.
We are already one of the biggest distributed database systems in the world. That being said, we believe it is still Day 1 for DynamoDB and our aspirations are to grow this product by 10x in the next 2 years. We are looking for deeply technical, team first mentality individuals who are willing to commit themselves to this aspiration.
We are need of a Systems Development Engineer to help us scale quickly to new AWS regions but automating the build of our massive infrastructure using various internal Infrastructure-as-code technologies. As a Systems Development engineer working for DynamoDB you will work with a team of SDEs and SysSDEs to:
· Automate infrastructure setup for operate DynamoDB across various AWS regions
· Automate test, release and deployment processes
· Build and track metrics to ensure high quality
· Drive operational excellence
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupations of Systems Development Engineer (Systems Administration, DevOps Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering, Networking/Automation, Software/Systems Devlopment)
· Bachelor's degree in a technical major or equivalent work experience.
· Experience scripting/developing in at least one of: Python, Ruby, Java, C++
· Experience deploying infrastructure on a public cloud using Cloud Formation, Terraform or experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or similar tools