Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for System Development Engineers!
At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
A systems development role for fulfillment center operations, focusing on maximizing reliability and operational performance of equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, and SCADA systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work closely with building Operations, Operations Engineering, FC Start up Team, AFT Software teams, ACES team, and Safety in supporting MHE systems optimization and project implementation
· Understand, maintain and troubleshoot material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems
· Develop and build MHE metrics and partner with maintenance/operations for system performance issues.
· Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic systems to maximize building utilization of systems
· Develop HMI solutions within Ignition for small processes up to entire network deployments.
· Build automated scripts in various programming languages.
· Partner with building Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building
· Utilize building network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers.
· Assist with skill assessments for the Technical positions within building operation maintenance teams.
· Handle flexible work load which may come from management or other operations
· Participate in AE conference calls and coordinate with AE central team to complete all tasks required.
This role will require travel up to 20%.
· Ability to lead others in a technical role and interact with all levels of management.
· Knowledge of Industrial Internet of Things (MQTT, Pub/Sub) and core Industrial Control Technologies (ProfiNet, Ethernet/IP, OPC-UA, TCP/IP).
· Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability to train others with lesser skills.
· Systems controls design or programming experience.
· Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems.
· Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills.
· Experience with advanced automation controls systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field, or 5+ years of equivalent professional experience.
· Experience interpreting, modifying, and developing mechanical and electrical drawings.
· Experience identifying, maintaining, and utilizing SCADA systems.
· Familiarity with programming software such as Studio 5000, FT View, Ignition and other controls software platforms.
· Demonstrated experience with multiple code languages (C++, Python, Java, Ladder Logic, Structured Text, SQL).
· Advanced Python experience plus knowledge of Github.
· Experience with SQL or MySQL databases.
· Knowledge of various scripting language, C++, VBA, Ruby.
· Advanced UNIX systems engineering skills.
· Experience identifying, maintaining, troubleshooting, programming, and designing HMI and control network components.
· Experience identifying, maintaining, troubleshooting, and modifying Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components.
· Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems.