AWS EC2 is hiring at all experience levels in London.
Would you like to help implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve the world's most complex technical problems? Do you have a deep passion and desire to engineer and operate the world's largest cloud computing infrastructure to provide a better world for future generations?
Amazon Web Services is seeking a top industry technical expert to grow our team dedicated to expanding our Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) service to our customers. We are seeking a talented engineer skilled in the art of integration who understands the Agile mindset and DevOps philosophies, yet is not constrained by how “things are usually done" and is willing to decompose and reinvent systems, processes, and tools. We're looking for a technical expert for one of the largest compute services on the planet; if you possess that rare mix of depth in Development, Operations, Networking, and Systems Engineering then we are waiting for your application.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day engineers might deep dive to identify the root cause of a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. You'll become a master at EC2 platform diagnosis, response, measurement, and automation. You will design and build the operational scalability that sustains the platform's insane growth. You will be able to measure your success by its visible impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of government services for our nation.
Apply to meet our talented team and let's see if you are the one that can help us scale to meet the demand of our largest customers! Become our leading expert on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) products and services.
Our systems development engineers spend time:
· Investigating and developing new ways to improve operations and defining new solutions to solve technically complex cloud issues for our customers
· Maintaining the world's most advanced cloud computing infrastructure including Amazon Web Services EC2, EBS, ECS, and more
· Investigating system variances about to affect major services worldwide and solving them proactively before impacting customers
· Diving deep into service interdependencies and region specific configurations to find the root of a problem
· Studying and learning from industry recognized Amazon distinguished engineers
· Celebrating our successes together every Friday at our team Happy Hours!
· Advanced degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline
· 15+ years of Linux experience
· 15+ years of development experience in Python, Go, Ruby, or related languages
· 15+ years of multi-threaded, distributed development experience
· 10+ years of Agile methods and processes experience
· Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies (such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN)
· Advanced knowledge of configuration management systems, such as: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or related systems.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.”
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
· 10+ years of Linux experience
· 10+ years of development experience in Python, Go, Ruby, or related languages
· 10+ years of multi-threaded, distributed development experience
· 5+ years of Agile methods and processes experience.