Note: This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Do you want to help the U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team in Herndon, VA, Denver, CO, or Seattle, WA (Relocation is provided). You'd work with some of the best and brightest engineers in the industry, while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere. Our Serverless team is hiring experienced engineers to manage systems behind the US Intelligence Community's cloud services!
Serverless is one of the fastest growing teams within AWS and we are looking for technical leaders who share our passion to change the way the world computes. AWS provides a set of fully managed services, such as Lambda, API Gateway, and Messaging services, that you can use to build and run serverless applications.
Our customers are able to build scalable, fault-tolerant production systems without thinking about the needed infrastructure, capacity management, or large scaling events. Many of the hard problems of distributed systems are abstracted away by our serverless services, so that our customers can focus on solving their business problems.
The Serverless team is growing rapidly and we are looking for talented engineers who can help us create the massive scale and powerful new programming paradigms that our customers need to be successful. What does it take to succeed in this role? A successful Engineer will do much more than manage infrastructure and tools. You will:
· Monitor the health of the fleet, automating system health, maintenance tasks, and reporting systems as needed
· Perform various system maintenance tasks, including configuration of new machines
· Maintain fleet inventory management, including producing, maintaining, and evolving capacity plans for various components
· Further existing application and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency
· Dive deep and lead as a subject matter expert for operations of AWS Serverless Services
Job location can be Seattle, WA, Denver, CO or Herndon, VA. Relocation assistance provided.
· Familiar with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, C, C++, Java or Ruby
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
· Good working knowledge/experience on highly distributed virtual environment, networking, s/w build and deployment process.
· Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field or 2 years of industry experience.
· Minimum of 2 years support engineering or system admin experience.
· Minimum of 2 year's experience running services on Linux/Unix
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph