Do you enjoy helping U.S. Intelligence Community and Defense agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve unique technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies and become a core part of the largest cloud infrastructure on the planet? AWS Snowball is seeking support engineers to own and advance a mission critical service.
AWS Snowball enables customers to more quickly and easily adopt the AWS cloud, gaining the advantages that AWS has to offer. The devices we produce are ruggedized and secure, designed to survive rough handling and harsh operating environments where data needs to be collected, processed, and securely managed as it is moved to the Cloud. This work requires us to develop processes, procedures, and facilities that allow customers to easily use our products and enable us to meet customer expectations on security and speed.
We're looking for a support engineer to join our team in our Herndon, VA location. Our support engineers work in a fast-paced environment with our multi-disciplined service teams to deliver Snowball's cutting-edge service to our customers. In this role, the candidate will support Snowball engineering and operations by completing activities including but not limited to:
· Troubleshooting device, network, and/or configuration related issues,
· Identifying, designing, and implementing solutions that improve automation, monitoring, and messaging throughout the Snowball service,
· Identifying, documenting, and communicating engineering and operations recommendations to team members,
· Writing and disseminating after action reports capturing key events, actions taken, and future mitigation plans,
· Provisioning devices, assisting with data ingestion, and device cleaning,
· Providing on-call support when necessary.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
· Scripting experience (Bash, Python)
· Experience troubleshooting hardware
· Experience with load balancing technologies
· Exposure to cloud computing
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years Linux systems administration experience
· 1+ years networking experience (TCP/IP)
· Troubleshooting/Support experience
· Experience in 24x7 production environments
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph