At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptional talent, and bright, driven people. Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking a talented Startup Business Development Manager to join the AWS Startup business development team to drive the awareness and adoption of the AWS cloud across the startup vertical in France. This is a unique opportunity for a driven, self-starter to play a key role in a fast-growing business, and to drive significant value for startups building sophisticated, scalable applications.
The Startup Business Development Manager will engage with promising startups and startup organizations in order to generate, track and manage relationship with hot and early stage startups. This will be done in collaboration with business development and field counterparts to generate sales opportunities. If you have a passion for technology and the ability to get people excited about your company, especially within the fast-paced, energetic startup ecosystem, then this is the role for you.
This person will be responsible for generating and capturing new leads at startup events and by leveraging the local startup eco system, as well as ensuring all relationships that were generated are being tracked and managed as they mature, continuously delivering value to the startup vertical.
As part of the role responsibilities, you should be able to have a technical discussion with startups, presenting them AWS solutions and benefits
· Engaging decision-makers at startup companies to profile their specific purchasing plans and decision criteria for cloud based solutions
· Work closely with business development and marketing to drive campaigns into specific startup market segments and regions; organize and participate in startup events to generate new startup relationships
· Capture, track, and advance qualified startup engagements in our CRM lead management system (Salesforce)
· Recommend the most suitable solution according to the customers' requirements and solutions
· Follow up on opportunities and search for additional revenue opportunities
· Generate interest and provide insight into the portfolio of AWS solutions to potential startup customers
· Evangelize the AWS Startup Program – AWS Activate and the Startup use cases within the eco-system