The person will be responsible for managing month end closing activities for multiple ledgers and ensuring review and controls. He would be responsible for preparation and review of monthly/quarterly/annual reconciliations and balance sheet analysis. This position will support the Management in all aspects of financial accounting, reporting, systems, procedures and policies. On the audit front, Staff accountant will manage department's response to internal and external audit requirements and will also ensure compliance with SOX for all geographies/activities handled by Shared Services. This position will also play an important role in promoting systems/process development within department to ensure ongoing efficiency and control improvements. The candidate should have a strong desire in innovating processes and should be able to deliver in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Knowledge & Skills/ Business Acumen/ Education & Experience
· Prior experience in Finance Operations for AP/AR/Payroll and Closing & Reporting would be strongly preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills.
· Zeal towards Operational Excellence/Process improvement & simplifications
· Excellent knowledge of financial controls and procedures
· US & India GAAP knowledge
· PC literate with advance level excel knowledge
· Hands on experience of Oracle preferred
· Flexible, adaptable, well organized
· Knowledge of Six Sigma defect reduction techniques (Lean, etc) preferred
· · Proactive behavior
· Strong team management skills
· Self motivated , enthusiastic and highly energetic