Description de l'offre
The Fulfillment Center Wireless Engineering team is looking for a Sr. Wireless Network Engineer with a passion for wireless technology and mobile solutions. We are looking for someone to join our growing team that is responsible for engineering one of the largest and most rapidly growing 802.11 networks in the world.
This position will define technology standards and policies for our global wireless infrastructure. You will work closely with client engineering to integrate embedded and standard operating systems such as Linux, Windows, etc. This position has a high level of interaction with our infrastructure vendors for customizing hardware and software to Amazon's needs. This position works with our WLAN survey teams, FC infrastructure operations team, software teams and automation teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Listening to other teams' problems and finding technological solutions utilizing wireless technologies. Finding solutions to “unsolvable” problems.
• Automating infrastructure deployments and maintenance
• Working with LAN/WAN technologies on new mobility designs.
• Working on complex problems that require a deep understanding of 802.11 protocols.
• Modeling new infrastructure designs, evaluating new technologies like 802.11ac and testing alpha/beta grade hardware and software in a lab environment.
• Write scripts to resolve support issues, automate infrastructure deployment and collect metrics.
• Network performance analysis of mobile applications.
• RF engineering for wireless layouts with new antenna types and radio types.
• Working with the client engineering team to define infrastructure requirements for software and hardware deployed in Fulfillment Centers.
• Working on infrastructure security.
• Be an expert trusted advisor for software teams, infrastructure teams and external vendors.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
· Ability to travel up to 20% to domestic and international locations
· 10+ years experience designing mission critical wireless infrastructure
· 7+ years of experience with LAN/WAN technologies, MPLS, IPsec, VPN, BGP and OSPF
· 3+ years Linux experience
· 7+ years of experience with TCP/IP internals and the ability to analyze packet captures