Please note: You must include a link to your online portfolio in your resume.
The Prime Video UX studio is seeking a talented, customer-obsessed user experience designer to join our Live/Linear design team. The Prime Video Live/Linear team owns the customer discovery and engagement experience for live and linear content, including X-Ray and playback, across living room, web and mobile devices. The work environment is creative and fast paced with an entrepreneurial attitude where you will be driving a strategic part of the Prime Video experience. We are looking for a dynamic “think big” individual who is passionate about live events to join our team as a Senior User Experience Designer in Amazon’s Seattle, WA location.
You will use your UX and visual design skills to create elegant, intuitive user experiences that meet evolving business needs and influence future patterns to support the Live/Linear Prime Video experience. You will be responsible for understanding sports content, sport/live event providers and collaborating with cross client UX designers, UX researchers, product stakeholders and tech partners. Tasks include on-boarding sport providers, releasing new live content features and remaining engaged post launch to resolve unforeseen CX issues. In addition, you will own delivering design documentation as new features are added and the development of a human interface guideline for Prime Video’s Live Events. The scope of this role requires comprehensive understanding of Prime Video’s Live Events vision and knowledge of cross platform nuances for live content, so the ability to balance high-level, holistic reasoning with detail-oriented feature design is imperative.
· Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications
· Initiate and collaborate with user experience research and testing processes
· Drive the delivery and communication of live event guidelines and patterns
· Create Live Event pattern libraries and templates for a variety of users on the PV platform
· Close coordination with the live events product management team to enable a shared vision and define the live experience
· Partner with tech teams to ensure we leverage the scale offered by our platform without compromising on core experiential principles
· Evangelize live events creative vision
· An advocate for bar raising customer/fan-focused solutions through the end-to-end design process
· Drive continual improvement pre and post product launch
· Handle multiple projects in an agile, fast-paced environment.
· Highly skilled at storyboarding, prototyping, motion-graphics, usability testing and visual design
· Adept at interactive prototyping with tools like After Effects, Framer, Pixate, Adobe XD, etc.
· Familiarity with the technical considerations of designing for entertainment-focused, streaming media experiences
· Experience designing consumer services that deploy across living room, web and mobile devices
Ideal candidate profile
· 6+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· Bachelor's Degree
· A link to an online portfolio or online work samples is required for consideration on the role. Please include the URL in your resume.
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· 7+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar
· Experience with design and technologies for iOS, Android, and common web frameworks
· Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include approach and process.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively
· Experience working collaboratively with product management and developers to implement designs
· Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
· Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs and customer expectations
· Proficiency in a design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and OmniGraffle