Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments.
For our part, Amazon has begun the work of building incremental testing capacity.
As a UX Designer, you will design experiences by focusing on operational processes & applications that create greater access to COVID-19 testing. You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats. You create highly functional, globally durable user experiences that demonstrate a passion for relentless optimization. Your recommendations increase productivity and safety. Collaboration is critical to your process. Your work is informed by partners, research, metrics, and high judgement.
· Lead design for operations & services for COVID-19 testing.
· Work in a highly ambiguous and rapidly changing environment, willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in wherever necessary.
· Use business requirements, technical input, and research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and design requirements independently.
· Ability to drive the design review cycle and alignment with designers, product managers, program managers, engineers, operations, and compliance to deliver design recommendations.
· Design conceptual diagrams, wireframes, information architecture, high-fidelity mock-ups, simple prototypes, and interaction specifications.
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts and rationale for design decisions clearly and persuasively across different audiences including senior leadership.
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns that scale for your team and influence other designers.
· Refine and extend screen comps based on an established visual toolkit.
· Define and document process flows for operations.
· Lead research initiatives to understand your users and processes.
· Relentless desire for innovation while balancing user model with implementation model.
· Able to identify and mitigate risk on projects.
· Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial.
· Expertise in UX performance optimization using qualitative and quantitative assessment.
· Experience designing for global markets.
· Proficiency in accessibility.
· Usability testing experience.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the latest interaction design patterns and trends.
· Familiarity with designing for UI for specific physical contexts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
· Experience designing applications with multiple user touch points with specialty in web and application design.
· Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, and InDesign.
· Proficiency in prototyping tools such as Flinto, Figma, ProtoPie, and InVision
· Online portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include approach and process.
· An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes) is required to apply for this role.
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides.
· Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience.
· 3+ years of experience working as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer (or similar role).