Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon. AFT builds and operates software, hardware, and the processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers that move billions of units of inventory, employ tens of thousands of people, and ensure that customers get what they want when promised. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well.
We use innovative technologies to simplify the process by taking advantage of materials handling automation, machine vision, robotics, and machine learning. Our highly scalable distributed systems are designed to handle billions of transactions a year. We are seeking an innovative, intellectually curious, results-oriented technology leader who will be responsible for driving our product roadmap, software development and operations of our systems. In this position, you will guide the efforts of developers across multiple locations as we build the next generation of Amazon's Fulfillment Centers.
As a technical leader, you will be a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into technology solutions that scale both technically and operationally. You are responsible for driving quality and enabling technical innovation. You will recruit top talent, manage evolving / complex demands, including multiple projects with dependencies on other internal organizations. You will draw on customer feedback, usage and operational data, and your experience leading technology businesses to set and deliver on aggressive goals for adoption, operational performance, feature delivery, and revenue.
·You must be able to:
· Interact with Project Sponsors, other Technical Program Managers, and multiple development teams to define and deliver complex cross-functional projects.
· Drive large scale projects spanning teams across Amazon from inception to conclusion, formulate the product vision, define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions.
· Clearly communicate vision, plans and project status to management and key technical and business stakeholders.
· Work closely with the software development team on delivering high-quality solutions, and provide guidance regarding architecture, design, and priorities.
· Engage with other teams across Amazon to evangelize the team and your projects, to build relationships and help identify existing technologies that can be leveraged to meet your team's goals.
· Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
· Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.