This opportunity is for a Technical Program Manager of Software Development who will manage and grow engineering teams for Audible's Consumer Domains group. We are the team that creates and powers Audible's website applications and services for our global listeners. We are the home for tech talent that wants to grow Audible's market leading business and build the sites and services (APIs) across desktop and mobile devices. The team is comprised of developers who work in an agile environment and partner closely with Audible and Amazon tech teams, Product, UX and QA teams.
We are embarking on a mission to reshape the fundamental experiences and delight our customers and drive a strong engineering culture. It's our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening our development process and leveraging new technologies to deliver services and web applications. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much-loved product.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Play a leading role in managing the delivery of large cross functional projects spanning teams and divisions in Audible as well as Amazon
· Collaborate to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best product, program or project with the most efficient use of company resources.
· Work with cross functional teams – technology, business and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs and priorities from concept to launch.
· Collaborate to define the technical architecture of solutions for services and support technical implementation and integration efforts
· Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently.
· Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
· Build relationships with partner groups in Audible and Amazon and leverage those relationships to integrate your team's priorities within Amazon teams and understand how Amazon's projects impact our own work in this highly decentralized organization