Do you want to be a part of building the systems and software that power Earth's largest e-commerce catalog? How do you design and handle massive scale of data when you know that none of the "textbook solutions" will work? Our organization develops the algorithms, systems, and tools to ensure safety of the selection and maximize their impact on the Amazon top-line - all while continuously growing the selection. The Selection & Curation Systems team is responsible for designing and developing the tools, systems, and services that help ensure that Amazon has a profitable and rapidly expanding assortment for our customers.
This role has a number of opportunities for cross-boundary ownership and as such would require cross-organizational leadership skills to create seamless technical designs and solutions that reliably work end-to-end. This is a dream opportunity for technical leaders who want to enable Amazon to have the largest and best possible selection for our customers. Come and help make history as we take e-Commerce to the 5 billion people on earth who do not have it today while having fun and learning a lot on the way!
Key Performance Areas & Requirements
· You will manage business requirements, design, performance expectations and goals with all stakeholder teams.
· You will partner with management to define strategy and build road maps for the programs you own.
· You will be responsible for the overall coordination, quality and productivity and will be the primary point of contact for world-wide stakeholders of programs that you run.
· Throughout, you will internalize Amazon's Leadership Principles, and live those into everyday practices to guide your programs to success.
· Understanding of drivers of performance, scale and operational excellence in software and ability to work with software development manager to ensure these aspects in all software used in the program
· An approach that starts from the end customer and then work backwards from there
· Demonstrate superior project management and troubleshooting skills
· Strong understanding of software development process with an appreciation for maintaining a high quality bar with low operational overhead
· Proficient building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers