Description de l'offre
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer - Fire OS Multimedia,
you would work on driving world class quality in the software platform that makes a one of a kind experience today, and will enable exciting new capabilities tomorrow. The successful candidate will be obsessed with quality improvement and automating tests for regression and new features.
Responsibilities include understanding customer use cases, diving deep into the software development, and developing QA approaches to measure confidence in the product. You will work directly with development teams, test automation engineers, and peer QA teams to improve our software development process. You will work on
· Creating test plans and test cases
· Execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
· Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
· Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
· Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
· Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
· 7+ years of industry experience
· 5+ years of hands-on testing experience
· 3+ years of testing background in Linux environment and using shell scripts
· Knowledge of Python
· Experience with test automation and driving operational excellence and scaling through automation
· Experience in testing Audio/Video Playback, Audio/Video Streaming on embedded devices
· Understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
· Experience testing embedded systems and/or mobile consumer electronics devices
· Experience in black box and grey box testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles